Moon Hunters is an open-world adventure for 1-4 players, solving ancient mysteries and building mythologies. Explore a hand-painted pixel art world that's randomly generated yet rich with crafting, non-linear stories, and arcane lore.
On one fateful autumn evening, the Moon, source of all magic and spiritual power, does not rise. Your course is clear. You must set out alone or with the other chosen children of the Moon to solve the mystery and restore balance.
Without the Moon’s power, monsters rise up and chaos grows across the lands. Players must rely on one another in a dangerous, ever-changing world. As the days and nights cycle past, players use every last scrap of their wits, weapons, and magical studies to survive, craft, explore, and ultimately triumph.
Moon Hunters is a procedural world to explore, populated with hand-crafted stories and memorable characters. From howling mountains to haunted marshes, the world of Moon Hunters is brimming with ancient stories and myths.
- A procedurally generated journey: Over a hundred different locations and landmarks each have their own potential to help or hinder adventurers.
- Exploration is key: Every landmark and territory may contain a Myth, which is essential in growing your world and your character.
- Non-linear story: The mythology of your character and world is determined by your actions, and the world reacts to you differently based on the mythology you build. How will you react when you find a villager has lied to you? Temperamental heroes may be tempted to kill them in revenge, while more charismatic heroes use guile to extract the truth. Or do you try to ferret out other possible traitors? If you have trained in the powers of Dark Magic, the traitor may have a secret to share...
- Personality traits as elements of legend: Your decisions reflect different aspects of your personality to storytellers of different factions.
- Pick-up-and-play action: Easy to learn, intuitive sword-swinging and spell-flinging, inspired by the universality of the Legend of Zelda.
- Character progression: Unlock new powers, creatures, items, and myths as you explore the world.
- Gamer-family friendly: Accessible controls, short play sessions, and co-operative gameplay allow families to play together easily.