In celebration of the Art of Moon Hunters going on sale, and the game being selected for the PAX 10, we’re running a community contest for the next two weeks.
Update: See the winners!
You could win the grand prize (estimated value ~$200):
The grand prize pack (one per category) includes our physical art book, four Steam keys, two artist-signed 6×9″ art prints, two buttons, and the contents of the limited-edition Moon Hunters Indiebox (including limited-edition coasters, ingredient fridge magnets, Sun Shrine USB key, silver crescent moon pin, soundtrack, sticker, and instruction manual).
Want a close up? We recorded a little video of each:
Runners-up will receive one artist-signed 6×9″ art print in the mail (their choice of the 2 designs), along with two Steam keys to the game.
Every entry must be in the Visual Art category and be Moon Hunters themed.
To enter, submit your entry, in the form of JPG, PNG, or video to email@example.com by August 25th at midnight.
You can enter as many times as you like, but you can only win once for each category. If you’re a winner, we’ll contact you to get your mailing address.
Our favorite submissions will be displayed on the blog and/or social media. You are of course free to use your art, photos, or costume for whatever else you like, as you own the rights to it.
- Q: Can I buy the prizes? A: Mostly! There are a few Indieboxes left, including shrine, manual, pin, coasters, magnets, and soundtrack. Plus you can order the art prints from Society6 (unsigned). The physical art book is available on Blurb! Contact us if you’d like to buy the PDF.
- Q: Do you prefer digital or physical art? A: We have no preference, so long as you submit via email. It’s up to you, the artist!
- Q: What about cooking? A: We love cooking! One of our favorite entries last time was a recipe (yay Jordan!), and cooking is a timeless human tradition. However, limiting the contest to visuals helps the judging process.. and three categories is too much for us right now! Maybe we’ll revisit cooking for a contest timed around Thanksgiving. 🙂
- Q: My entry is both visual art AND cosplay! A: Too bad! Pick one.
- Q: What if I come to your PAX 10 table in my costume? A: That would be AWESOME. We’ll have a little present waiting for you, especially if you warn us ahead of time when you want to come by!
If you’re looking for inspiration, check out the gallery of last year’s entries. Now get drawing, or sewing!
With love and cookies,
Tanya and the Kitfox Crew